Paysafecard Betting Sites
On this page, Match.Center experts have compiled a list of Irish betting sites that accept paysafecard as one of the payment methods. In addition here you will find information about those betting companies that, for various reasons, refuse to accept cards of the popular online payment service.
Which Betting Sites Accept paysafecard?
When making deposits via paysafecard, you often cannot qualify for bonuses. Please read the terms and conditions of qualifying payment methods carefully.
Paysafecard is one of the online payment methods used for online shopping. It is now one of the leaders in the e-commerce market across the world. Paysafecard is a prepaid card. It doesn’t have any bank details and customers do not provide any personal information.
As of 2023, paysafecard is available in almost 40 countries in Europe and North America. These cards can be used to pay for subscriptions to Deezer and Spotify, to shop at the Epic Games Store and Microsoft Store, and to deposit at Paysafe betting sites, for example.
In Ireland, paysafecard can be purchased either at 24-hour retail shops (for example, at the branches of Asda, WH Smith, McColls, One Stop) or on the company’s official website. The fixed denominations are 10, 25, 40, 50, 75 or €100 . Once the card is purchased, the holder receives a 16-digit pin code, which is required for purchases and transfers.
Paysafecard is not a bank and this card is not a credit card, it’s more like a debit card. It’s a pretty good payment method as there is no overdraft and you can only use the amount of money you have on the paysafecard account.
|Presented in countries||~50 countries (Ireland included)|
|Type of payment||Voucher / Online|
|Mobile app||Android and iOS|
|Fees||Mostly none for vouchers, a few for online payments|
|Withdrawal Speed||Depends on the bookmaker, usually within 24 hours|
Using paysafecard is a quick and convenient way to fund your online betting account. On this page, we will explain where to buy such a card, how to make a deposit using it, and which online gambling sites do and don’t include paysafecard in the list of available payment methods. This instruction is also suitable for a betting exchange in Ireland, such as Betfair.
How to Create a paysafecard Account?
There are two ways to buy a card of a certain denomination:
Through the official paysafe website:
- Go to the company’s website and create a paysafecard account.
- Enter your country (Ireland in this case), email and password.
- Tick the box to agree to receive marketing offers from the company, then click Continue.
- Confirm your email address (you will receive an email to verify it).
- After successful verification, enter your personal data (first name, last name, date of birth, full home address, postcode, phone number).
- Confirm your phone number by entering the received SMS code.
After registering, you will be able to purchase a prepaid paysafecard in denominations of 10, 25, 40, 50, 75 or €100 . Select the desired option, enter your email and pay by your bank card. You will then receive your personal 16-digit pin code of the card for your online purchases by email and in your personal account on the company’s website.
At offline outlets:
- To buy a paysafecard, go to one of the shops that sell paysafecards. For example, petrol stations, retail stores, post offices or newsstands. If you see a PayPoint logo next to the name of the shop, you know the shop sells paysafecards.
- Choose the denomination of the card and pay for it.
- Make sure that the pin code of the card has not been erased or stained.
If you use this method, you will also have €125, €150 and €175 cards available. What’s more, customers can combine up to 10 PIN codes into one physical card. For example, if you have several (no more than 10) cards of different denominations, they can be «stacked» into one with a common balance.
When you buy a paysafecard through specialised outlets, it is not uncommon for the card to look like a token. The shape doesn’t really matter. The most important thing is the pin code on the back side of the card under the protection layer.
How to Make a Deposit with paysafecard account?
To make a deposit via paysafecard, you need to register an account on the payment system’s website anyway. Even if you have bought a paper voucher offline, you will not be able to make deposits at betting sites unless you have a paysafecard online account.
From there, the procedure is simple. Buy a voucher with PIN online (on the paysafecard website) or offline. Then go to one of the paysafecard betting sites and make a deposit. You have to do the following:
- Open a website or an app of online bookmakers that accept paysafecard.
- Register or enter your username and password.
- Go to your personal cabinet and press “Deposits”.
- Select paysafecard as a payment method.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Enter the 16-digit PIN code of the card.
Paysafecard allows customers to pay online in parts. You can check the balance of your card after the transaction in your account on the company’s website or in the app.
How to Make a Withdrawal with paysafecard?
Paysafecard can be used for both deposits and withdrawals, something many people don’t know about. However, withdrawals can only be made to an account on the paysafecard website, and from there the money can be transferred to cards or by bank transfer. You can check our list of the best betting sites with instant withdrawal.
Here’s how to order a payout on a betting site:
- Login to your betting account.
- Go to the ‘Withdrawal’ section.
- Choose paysafecard as a payment method to withdraw.
- Enter the email to which your paysafecard account is registered.
- Enter withdrawal amount.
- Confirm your details.
- Submit the withdrawal request.
If an online bookmaker supports this payment method, it is a significant reason to put it on the list of best paysafecard betting sites. We counted only 8 legal Irish betting platforms that allow this. Later we list the full list with withdrawal limits.
If withdrawals via paysafecard are not supported at your betting site, you will have to use another payment method, for example, you can order funds to a debit card or bank account.
Like many other payment services, prepaid paysafecard vouchers are very popular all over Ireland. Users choose them for the anonymity of payments, fast transfers and no fees. And some bookmakers accept paysafecard.
Let’s have a look at the top 5 paysafecard sports betting sites in Ireland that do not block transfers when you make a deposit.
The second company for online betting with paysafecard on our list is Netbet. Their support service also confirmed that deposits to bet online could be made via paysafecard without any problems.
This is one of the few paysafecard bookmakers that supports not only deposits but also withdrawals via paysafecard. The minimum limit for both operations is only 5 euros, which makes it accessible for beginners.
BetVictor is another online gambling industry representative that also works with paysafecard. However, this paysafecard betting site warns that the maximum amount of a single deposit that can be made with this prepaid card is €250.
Another of the best paysafecard betting sites we approached to confirm the acceptance of paysafecard payments was Unibet. The information presented on the paysafecard betting platform turned out to be correct – Unibet accepts prepaid cards. The support team said that verified account holders do not have to prove their age when making deposits using this anonymous method.
As well as paysafecard betting sites, there are also many online platforms which do not accept paysafecard. So in this case, you will need to use some other payment methods. Below we present a list of the bookmakers which ban the use of prepaid cards as one of the deposit methods in your betting account as of 2023.
This is a very powerful bookmaker, but just not in terms of the payment method selection. Sky Bet only supports debit cards.
Quinnbet also does not work with paysafecard, so you can’t find it among the available payment methods. The support team found it hard to give a reason for this decision. Among the available deposit methods of this bookmaker are Visa/Mastercard/Maestro debit cards, as well as the Neteller and Skrill payment systems.
Although paysafecard is one of the widespread services in the online payment market, Spreadex also works neither with prepaid cards nor with other e-commerce services. So this payment method isn’t available. The only option left for Spreadex customers is to use Visa/Mastercard/Maestro debit cards of the Irish banks or to make a simple bank payment using the details provided on the website.
Let’s have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of using paysafecard to make a deposit at paysafecard bookmakers. You can also check out dozens of legal betting sites in Ireland in our general material.
- When betting with paysafecard, you cannot spend more money on online betting than you have on your prepaid card. This is a good limitation for impulsive bettors who are on a losing streak.
- It’s easy to use. To make paysafecard deposits, all you have to do is to enter your 16-digit PIN code. No further verification of the transaction is required. Money is transferred instantly.
- No personal information is required. When you buy a prepaid card of paysafecard, you will not be asked to give your name, any other personal details or bank account details to link the card to your account. Online payments are completely anonymous.
- You can buy the card everywhere. Paysafecard is sold both on the official paysafecard website and in hundreds of shops across Ireland.
- A wide range of card denominations. You can buy virtual cards in denominations of 10, 25, 50 or €100 . Physical cards in denominations of €125, €150 and €175 are also available to customers at retail shops.
- The money on the card can be used in parts. You may deposit not the full amount available on the card, but a part of it. This allows you to use the money as you like, or to set aside money for another deposit in the future.
- No transfer fees. Funding your betting account via paysafecard is always free of charge. The online payment service doesn’t charge any transfer fees for payments to Irish bookmakers that accept paysafecard.
- The 24/7 customer support service. If you have any problems with your paysafecard transactions, you can write to the support chat on the company’s website, entering your email and attaching a screenshot if needed. The support team is available 24/7.
- Paysafecard is relatively unpopular. 17 legal bookmakers in Ireland (about one fifth) accept paysafecard as a deposit payment method, and only for 8 betting sites paysafecard is a payout option.
- It is often excluded from many Welcome bonuses. Not all the online sports betting platforms offer Free bets and other bonuses to new users, allowing them to use paysafecard for the first deposit. Keep track of the terms and conditions of the bookmakers’ promotions carefully as multiple sports betting sites do not grant Free bets for paysafecard payments. Such paysafecard betting sites can also demand a min deposit for giving a Welcome bonus to a new client.
- No two-factor authentication. Online sportsbooks will only require a 16-digit PIN code to confirm the transaction. There is no additional verification in the form of an SMS code sent to the user’s phone. If the physical card has been lost, a wrongdoer may use it, as the PIN code is printed on the back of the card.
Paysafe Betting Sites: Limits, Fees & Withdrawal Times
For most legal paysafecard betting sites in Ireland, the minimum deposit to make using paysafecard is €5-10, which is comparable to other deposit methods.
Separately, it should be noted that only half of the bookies that accept paysafecard deposits also offer paysafecard withdrawals.
Below we give details on deposit and withdrawal limits.
Deposit Times, Fees & Limits
|Betting site||Deposit time||Minimum limit||Maximum limit||Fees|
Withdrawal Times, Fees & Limits
|Betting site||Withdrawal time||Minimum limit||Maximum limit||Fees|
|NetBet||2 — 24 hours||€10||€35,000||No|
|Mr Green||Up to 2 hours||€30||€2,500|
|Ladbrokes||1-3 working days||€5||N/A||No|
|Coral||1-3 working days||€5||N/A||No|
|Bwin||Up to 24 hours||€10||N/A||No|
|Sportingbet||Up to 24 hours||€10||N/A||No|
|Gamebookers||Up to 24 hours||€10||N/A||No|
|Bet365||Up to 24 hours||€5||€2,000||No|
Paysafecard, as well as many other payment services, has its own mobile app. It can be downloaded from the Google Play (for Android) or App Store (for iOS).
The app allows you to track transactions, view your balance and make money transfers, which is perfect in case you use it on betting sites that accept it. The mobile version of paysafecard also supports the scan2pay feature and allows you to pay with your phone. To do so, you have to scan the paysafecard QR code displayed in the payment section of the online shop.
Using the paysafecard mobile app will not compromise your security, as you can access it in three ways:
- By scanning your fingerprint;
- By entering an SMS code received;
- By entering your username and password.
Paysafecard does not charge any transaction fees for transfers to betting sites, for checking balance on the official paysafecard website or for requests for account statements. However, there are various fees that the company does charge, and it is important to be aware of them:
Foreign currency conversion. The fee is 3% of the total amount of the transaction. You can find the exchange rate on the company’s official website. To do this, enter the amount of the transaction and select two currencies. The software will automatically calculate the potential conversion fee.
- If you make a transfer by mistake, you will be charged a cancellation fee of €6.
- Card replacement (if it is lost, stolen or damaged) costs €4.
- If the card balance is not used up within 7 months, you will be charged a monthly fee of €3.
- If the card is inactive for 12 months, there will also be a €5 monthly charge.
- There is a 3% withdrawal fee. The minimum fee is €3.
Why Use paysafecard for Placing Bets on Betting Sites?
For many punters who are interested in betting, paysafecard is a great way to fund their betting accounts. And here is why:
- The payment system offers customers fast payments and no transfer fees.
- Free bets are credited for a paysafecard deposit more often than in the case of Skrill, Neteller or PayPal. But sometimes it happens that payment option exclusions apply for prepaid cards in case of betting bonus offers.
- When purchasing cards at retail outlets, customers do not need to register on the paysafecard website or provide any information about themselves or their bank account. It’s enough just to pay for the card and get the PIN code, to start a Paysafe account.
How To Pick The Best Paysafecard Betting Site
It is not worth picking up a sports betting site for a payment method, including paysafecard. First, evaluate the quality of the betting service, because it is more logical to switch to another payment instrument than to reject a quality bookmaker for the reason that it does not support paysafecard.
But if you are specifically interested in sites that accept paysafecard, here are some tips for choosing one.
Consider the minimum deposit limit
For players with limited financial potential, there is a difference between a minimum deposit of 5 and €10. And it is good if a betting site does not require you to deposit more than you can afford or want. Five euro paysafecard deposits are supported by the BoyleSports, Novibet, Bet365, Betfred, Ladbrokes, Coral, Bwin, Gamebookers and Sportingbet bookmakers.
Find out if paysafecard withdrawals are available
Paysafecard withdrawals are offered by very few bookmakers. Above, we have compiled a table of betting sites that support paysafecard withdrawals and indicated the limits: NetBet, Mr Green, Ladbrokes, Coral, Bwin, Sportingbet, Gamebookers and Bet365 are among them. If you don’t mind the lack of paysafecard withdrawals, you still need to find out which withdrawal method to use.
Discover how many payment methods bookmakers support
Let’s be honest, paysafecard is not the most convenient payment method. Even if you are a fan of using paysafecard, you will probably want to take advantage of other options sooner or later. Therefore, it is important that a betting site supports several payment systems, at least popular e-wallets and bank transfer.
Alternative payment options
We would name three payment methods as paysafecard’s main competitors. Debit cards are the simplest, 99% of legal bookmakers support them. Bank transfer is not the most convenient option, but it is very demanded and available both offline and online. Also, deposits via a debit card and bank transfer are mainly used for betting bonuses, as other payment methods are often excluded by the terms and conditions of promotions (see our selection — Betting sites with Free bets). PayPal is the most favoured among the electronic payment systems. These are three popular and easy alternatives to paysafecard.
|Debit cards (deposit)||Bank transfer (deposit)||PayPal (deposit)|
|BoyleSports||€5 min – N/A max||€5 min – N/A max||€5 min – N/A max|
|NetBet||€10 — €35,000||N/A||€10 — €5,000|
|Bet365||€5 — £20,000||€10 — €5,000||€10 — €5,500|
|BetVictor||€5 — €35,000||N/A||€10 — €7,000|
|Unibet||€10 — €10,000||N/A||N/A|
Which betting sites allow paysafecard as a payment method?
Paysafecard is one of the most frequently used methods to make deposits for betting online in Ireland. The Austrian online payment method is used by BoyleSports, Netbet, Kwiff, BetVictor and Unibet.
Can I use paysafecard in Ireland?
Yes, of course. It is legal to use paysafecard in Ireland and there are several paysafecard betting sites in the country. What’s more, there is an official distributor of the company, Bundle, in the Republic of Ireland.
Is it safe to use paysafecard?
All paysafecard services are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Accordingly, in the event of a dispute, its customers have the same legal rights as bank cardholders.
Can I use paysafecard at BoyleSports?
Among the many payment methods at BoyleSports, there are also paysafecard deposits. When you use these cards, the security service of the company does not block the transfer and does not charge any commission. Also you are able to withdraw funds to your online paysafecard account, but the payout option is rarely available at online bookmakers so you might need to look for some alternative payment methods.
Does Paddy Power accept paysafecard?
No, Paddy Power is not one of the paysafecard betting sites and does not work with this payment method in Ireland. Our country is not included in the list of allowed territories, where residents can use prepaid cards of paysafecard for online betting.
How do I withdraw money with my paysafecard?
First, check if the betting site supports paysafecard payouts. If yes, login to your betting account and visit the cashier or withdrawal section. Select paysafecard as the withdrawal method, enter your paysafecard account details (usually it’s just an email and the amount you want to withdraw. However, be aware that these peyouts are only possible on 8 legal paysafecard betting sites in Ireland.