Betting Sites That Accept Bank Transfer in Ireland September 2023
Discover the general information of using bank transfer for online betting in Ireland. Our review covers top betting sites that accept bank transfers, along with their features and welcoming bonuses. Plus, get insight into the pros and cons of this payment method to help you decide.
Bank Transfer is a method of making payments to and from bookmakers using a bank account. This payment method allows players to move their funds directly between their bank accounts and their betting accounts, without the need for intermediaries like e-wallets or debit cards.
To make a deposit using bank transfer, follow these steps:
- Log in to your betting account and go to the cashier section.
- Select “Bank Transfer” as your chosen payment method.
- Enter your bank details, including the account number and sort code (if applicable).
- Specify the amount you want to deposit.
- Confirm the transfer details and submit the request.
Withdrawals work similarly, except that you’ll need to enter your bank details again and specify the amount you want to withdraw.
Most betting sites do not charge fees for deposits made via bank transfer.
However, your own bank may impose a small fee for outbound bank transfers. This is usually a flat fee in the range of €0.50 — €5 per transaction. Check with your personal bank to confirm if any fees apply when transferring money to a betting site.
The deposit limits for bank transfers vary across bookies. Most sites will allow transfers of up to €5,000 per day/week. Some may permit higher deposits up to €10,000 or more.
The minimum deposit amount is usually around €10. So while bank transfers cater for high rollers with the high maximum limits, they also work for casual players looking to deposit small amounts.
Bank transfer betting includes a certain amount of potential advantages and disadvantages.
- Security: Bank transfers are a secure payment method as they are backed by banks. This ensures that your personal and financial information is protected during the transaction.
- High deposit and withdrawal limits: it makes them suitable for high rollers or those who need to make large transactions.
- Wide availability: There are many betting sites that accept bank transfer are available in Ireland.
- No fees: Many bank transfers bookies do not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals.
- Long processing time: Sometimes it can take a lot of time to process so this can be a disadvantage for bettors who need to make quick deposits or withdrawals.
- Potential for errors: Bank transfers can be prone to errors, such as incorrect account numbers or missing information.
- Lack of anonymity: Bank transfers require your personal information to be shared with the betting site, although a few payment methods still preserve anonymity of players.
Bet365 with a 8.7 rating from Match.Center, is a leading online betting site that offers an extensive range of 45+ sports betting markets, including football, horse racing, tennis, and basketball.
They are known for their huge number of live broadcasts, detailed sports statistics and widest range of Esports markets in the UK. Bet365 also offers a variety of promotions and bonuses up to €30 in Bet Credits for new players (Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid cards cannot be used for qualifying deposits.). They provide tools and resources to help customers manage their betting activity.
Drawbacks are difficulties with finding support contacts, and odds that could be better.
The next bank transfer bookie with a 7.9 rating from Match.Center is William Hill. With over 80 years of experience in the industry, William Hill has established itself as a leader in the online betting space, providing its customers with a 2000+ of bets on top football, wide range of horse racing and greyhounds, regular Enhanced odds and Bet Builder with daily bonuses.
New customers can get a free bets bonus up to €300.
William Hill also does not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals made via Bank Transfer.
Disadvantages include a narrow range of markets on Esports, and Live chat is quite difficult to access.
One of the key features that sets 7.2 rated Betfair apart from traditional sportsbooks is the ability for players to act as both bookmakers and bettors. This allows for a more dynamic and fluid market, with prices constantly adjusting based on the actions of the community.
Additionally, Betfair offers a range of advanced tools and features, such as live streaming and multi-language support. Live streaming, by the way, is quite limited here.
“Bet €10 Get €20” welcome bonus is active, but unavailable for bank transfer deposits. Debit cards deposits or Apple pay only.
Betfair also allows players to use direct bank transfers for instant deposits. They accept all major Irish banks including AIB, BOI and Ulster Bank among others.
Do all betting sites accept bank transfer in Ireland?
Most of them. Bank transfer is a widely accepted payment method that is often available at many reputable and popular betting sites, including Bet365, William Hill, and Betfair, among others.
How do I make a deposit using a bank transfer at an online betting site?
To make a deposit using bank transfer, you will need to log in to your betting account, go to the cashier section, select bank transfer as your payment method, enter your bank details, specify the amount you want to deposit, confirm the transfer details and submit the request.
How long does it take for a bank transfer deposit or withdrawal to be processed?
The processing time for bank transfer deposits and withdrawals can vary depending on the betting site and the bank used. Deposits can take anywhere from a few hours to several business days to be processed, while withdrawals can take several business days to a week or more to be processed.
Why should I use Bank Transfer as a payment method?
The primary advantage of bank transfers is the high limit for deposits and withdrawal for high-roller players. Moreover, bank transfer is a reliable payment method that is widely accepted (we have named a lot of betting sites that accept bank transfer).