Sky Bet Overview From Our Team
When we completed our Sky Bet review, we agreed on one thing – it is as reliable a betting site as it gets in the UK betting market. Sky Bet offers a mobile application for online betting on the go, over 1000 betting markets for popular events, price boosts, live streams, a Cash Out feature and the option to request unique betting odds. This is why we give this bookmaker a rating of 8.1 out of 10. Keep reading this review to find out more details.
Sky Bet Basic Facts
|Sports, virtual sports, politics bets, movie bets, casino and live casino games
|Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Solo
|Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Solo
|iOS & Android
|Live betting, live streaming, Bet Builder, Cash Out, Price Boosts, Group Bets
|Live chat, e-mail, FAQ-section, phone, Twitter
|Leeds, West Yorkshire
Sky Bet Pros and Cons
As is the case with plenty of bookmakers out there, there are several advantages and disadvantages to using Sky Bet. Let’s take a closer look at what we like and don’t like about this bookmaker.
- Markets on the best football leagues in the world – At Sky Bet, you can find thousands of markets for both before and during the match bets. Punters can enjoy Bet builders, accumulator bets, in-live betting, boosted odds, price boosts, and more options for leagues from the Polish Ekstraklasa, Japanese J League, to Premier and Champions league betting.
- Plenty of ongoing bonuses and promotions – The operator offers Free bet stakes, early payouts, and special offers for ongoing horse racing, football, tennis, and other tournaments for both new and existing customers.
- Loyalty Club – The Sky Bet Club gives all existing punters a chance to choose their weekly reward. You need to opt-in, make a qualifying bet of £30 or £20, and choose your Free bets promotion.
- Not enough payment options – credit card gambling is not allowed for UK punters, but the fact that Sky Bet only accepts debit cards for transactions is not something we like. Payment methods such as e-Wallets and prepaid cards are necessary for each gambling operator.
- Poor customer services – Sky Bet claims that they are reachable through live chat, email, phone, and social media, but the truth is that all of these options are very hard to find. In order to access the contact form, customers need to navigate to the “Help” section, pick some of the topics, and scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the “Contact Us” button.
Sky Bet Review
Sky Bet is an operator that is licenced by the UK Gambling Commission, with a licence number of 38718. The bookmaker is owned and operated by Flutter Entertainment, one of the greatest betting groups in the world.
Once new customers complete the new account registration and verification processes at Sky Bet, they can instantly claim the welcome offer, which covers only their first bet. The Promotions section of the website will offer you promotions for all your subsequent bets on various sports – with football and horse racing being the most dominant sports.
By placing real money wagers on the site, you will also be enrolled in the Sky Bet Club of loyal punters, where you can claim various rewards and special customer offers, depending on your loyalty level.
Moreover, there are over 20 betting options that existing and new customers can utilise when betting with Sky Bet, such as single bet, double bet, treble, patent, Trixie, and so on.
One aspect that does not pass with flying colours when Sky Bet is in question is the list of payment methods. Users can only deposit and withdraw with Visa and Mastercard cards. The operator allowed PayPal payments until recently, but new customers cannot use this e-Wallet to complete any deposit or withdrawal on the site.
|Range of markets
|30+ sports, 1000+ markets for top matches
|No deposit freebet, many promotions for registered customers
|Debit/Credit Card, Solo
|iOS & Android
|Good selection of Live Streaming
|Sign up and support
|No 24/7 customer support service, Live chat is difficult to access
Sky Bet Screenshots
Sky Bet video review
Sky Bet Free Bets & Promotions
Sky Bet Sign Up Offer
Sky Bet’s sign up bonus rewards new customers with Free bets worth £20, as long as they make a qualifying deposit of £5. Here is how to claim this offer:
- Register at Sky Bet
- Make a deposit
- Place a £5 bet and get your £20 Free bet package
You will get the associated Free bets in 4x £5 instalments after making your initial bet. You also need to complete all wagering requirements within 30 days of the new account sign-up date. Free bet stakes are non-withdrawable, and you cannot use them in conjunction with other offer packages.
As for the Free bet expiry date, they are not subject to any expiry. However, according to the general Sky Bet Terms and Conditions, new customers may see their Free bet stakes taken away from them if there is no account activity for more than 24 months.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Claim a Bonus:
- Register a new account at Sky Bet.
- Stake £5 on a single bet or each-way market bet.
- Wait for the bet to settle.
- £20 in Free bet stakes will be credited to your account.
- Use the bonus within 30 days after registration.
Bonus Terms & Conditions:
- Offer is available for new customers only.
- You must register a new account to claim the bonus.
- The qualifying bet must be a single or each-way market bet.
- £20 in Free bet stakes will be credited after your qualifying bet settles.
- The bonus must be used within 30 days after registration.
- Free bet stakes are not included in any returns and are non-withdrawable.
Sky Bet Existing Customers Promotions
Apart from the Free bet stakes offer that sees only your first bet covered at Sky Bet, there are other offers that you can use to boost your chances of winning subsequent bets.
All Sky Bet customers are eligible for the “Prize Drop” promotion, regardless of how much they wager on the website. Here is how to get this offer:
- Log in to your Sky Bet Account
- Enter the Sky Bet Prize Drop Hub
- Enter your customer details for any prize drop in which you would like to participate
- There are individual time limits set when you can participate in the promotion
To get this promotion, you don’t need to place qualifying bets, minimum bets, and there aren’t any min odds you need to comply with. Every customer can enter for free, and win some of the following prizes:
- Race meetings tickets
- Tickets to football matches
- Signed shirts
- TVs, tablets, and more
This is a simple football promotion that the online bookmaker offers to all of its punters with a registered account:
- Log in to your Sky Bet account
- Place a bet on a football match
- If you have placed a bet on a football match and your team leads by two goals at any stage of the game, Sky Bet will instantly settle your bet as won.
Other Ongoing Promotions
Sky Bet offers special promotional packages for special sporting tournaments or any other event taking place in the UK or around the world. For example, during the Cheltenham horse racing festival, you can expect various horse racing Sky betting offers, such as Free bets, price boosts, and so on.
Sky Bet Odds
To see how good the odds size is at any bookmaker in the UK, we compare the margin size. The margin is the bookmaker’s commission that is included in the odds that you will get.
To calculate the margin Sky Bet have with their odds, we use a very simple formula that goes as follows:
Margin = (1/ home odds + 1/ draw odds + 1/ away odds – 1) x 100.
So, let’s take a look at the Sky Bet odds for some of the top football, basketball, and tennis matches.
- Football – In the Premier League game Between Chelsea and Everton. Sky Bet has the following odds for a home win/draw/away win – 1.44/4.2/7.5. So, the margin here, according to the formula above is 6.58%.
- Basketball – the NBA game between the Charlotte Hornets and Philadelphia 76ers has the following win/draw/away win odds – 5.5/16/1.2. The margin here is 7.76%.
- Tennis – The tennis match between Carlos Alcaraz and Jannik Sinner has the following home/away win odds – 1.44/2.63. So, the margin with the formula mentioned above is 7.46%.
With the above-mentioned, Sky Bet has a margin of 7.26%. Anything between 5-8% is considered average, while anything below that is considered top.
|Manchester City vs Liverpool
|Bromley vs Soihull
|UEFA Nations League
|Netherlands vs Croatia
|North Texas v UAB
|Jonavos SK v BC Wolves
|Vienna DC Timberwolves v USBC Graz
|Carlos Alcaraz vs Taylor Fritz
|Raul Brancaccio vs Gastao Elias
|E Khoeblal Today vs Alcala Gurri
What to Know About Sky Bet
Sky Bet is a website that holds a UK Gambling Commission license and offers various promotions and offers for all existing and new customers. Let’s see what the main characteristics of this operator are.
Sky Bet History
Sky Bet has a very long history in the UK sports betting market. We can trace its origins back to 2000 when BSkyB acquired Sports Internet Group. In the beginning, this was only a minor online sports betting operator called Surrey Sports, but that all changed in 2002 when the company was rebranded to Sky Bet.
Ever since, the bookmaker hasn’t looked back, with all of the most popular tournaments in the world available for selection, alongside a rich casino offer for all gambling fans.
Sky Bet Betting Key Features
Sky Bet offers all punters the chance to place bets on more than 40 sports. Each sport and each event have various betting types. Some of the most popular sports to bet on with Sky Bet are:
- Football – the football section at Sky Bet is arguably the most extensive one. You can find decent odds for all levels of competition, like the Premier League, Japanese J League, World Cups, Euros, African Cup of Nations, Algerian Cup, and plenty of others.
- Horse racing – Sky Bet offers the best odds guaranteed when you want to bet on your favourite horses. Popular horse racing tournaments include The Cheltenham Festival, The Melbourne Cup, Dubai World Cup. Once you open the horse racing section at this bookmaker, you can see information about the next horse racing tournaments, featured races, specials, future bets, and Tote.
- Basketball – from the NBA to the Korean League, Chinese League, French Pro A, and the Iceland Premier League Women are just some of the leagues you can place wagers on at Sky Bet.
Apart from various Free bet stakes and Sky betting promotions, you can also wager on non-sporting events, such as politics, TV music, and films.
If you decide to bet with Sky Bet, you can look forward to the option called Group Bets. You will need to create a group, invite your friends to create a Sky Betting account and select your markets. Each member of the group can add their selection, and build custom bets.
Sky Bet Sports and Markets
Customers of Sky Bet can bet on over 40 different sports. Bet types such as a single bet, acca, Bet builder, Trixie, and so on. are available on this platform.
Football allows you to wager on international and domestic games, and Sky Bet offers placing bets on International friendlies, World Cup and Euro Qualifiers, The Premier League and all English football leagues, the USA MLS, Northern Irish Premiership, the Czech U19 League, and plenty of other competitions.
Punters can also use Free bet stakes to wager on football. The list of football competitions is very rich at Sky, and besides each one, you can find information about the number of games with bigger odds.
A useful feature for the football section is the Acca Assist option. It helps you filter out information about the form of teams and players. All types of bets are available for football, including a single bet, future bet, and so on.
The number of horse racing promotions, especially for the Cheltenham Festival, The Kentucky Derby, Dubai World Cup, The Grand National, Royal Ascot, and other competitions, speaks volumes about the popularity of the sport. You can filter through the races by choosing:
- UK and Ireland
Finally, in the horse racing section at Sky, there is a Horse Selector option that helps you filter out the most in-form horses. Based on that information, you can make optimal subsequent bets.
For customers who want to bet on this market, Sky Bet offers a range of events and major leagues like NBA, NCAA, Bundesliga, and Euro League, as well as national leagues like those from France, Romania, Serbia, and others. Sky Bet also offers a good selection of markets, including Handicap, Total Points markets, Half Time/ Full Time, as well as specials through the “Request a Bet” feature. In-live bets on basketball are also available.
Sky Bet In Play Betting
Sky Bet allows its registered customers to place in-live bets on the most popular events. You can choose to place a bet on the match markets or the player markets. Some of the information in Sky Bet’s In-Play offer are:
- Match infographics – you can follow the game in real-time and see all statistics to help you make a more informed bet.
- Cash Out – you can also apply for a full or partial Cash Out if you are not sure that your bets will come out as winning ones.
- Request A Bet – existing customers can request odds with the “Request A Bet” tool. Just add your subsequent bets to the tool and you will get an immediate price.
Sky Bet Streaming
All the existing customers at Sky Bet can watch over 2,400 live events on the platform. You need to be a registered bettor and have a funded account on the website to utilise the option. Football and virtual sports are the most popular sports you can watch.
Apart from football and virtual sports, you can watch competitions such as horse racing, tennis, and golf. In total, you have 7 sports to choose from that can be streamed, and you can utilise this option if you have wagered at least £1.
Sky Bet Payment Methods
You can make a deposit and a withdrawal at Sky Bet with the following payment methods:
- Visa Electron
- Visa Debit
- Mastercard Debit
If you use Visa for withdrawals, you can see your funds arrive in your account balance within 2 hours, but with the other cards, it can take up to 5 working days. The minimum deposit at Sky is £5, while the minimum withdrawal is £10.
|£10- System’s limit
|Up to 2 hours
|2-5 Working Days
|£10- System’s limit
|2-5 Working Days
How to Make a Deposit to Sky Bet
You can follow the next few steps for a deposit on your first bet, and for all the subsequent bets.
- Log in to your Sky Bet account
- Select the “My Account” option in the upper right corner
- Click on the “Deposit” button
- Select a payment method
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit
- Confirm the transaction
How to Withdraw From Sky Bet
Here are the steps:
- Select the “My Account” option
- Click on the “Withdraw” tab
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw
- Select the payment method where you would like to receive your winnings
- Confirm your withdrawal request
You can withdraw funds at Sky Bet with the same payment method you used for your deposits.
When it comes to withdrawals at Sky Bet, we would once again mention that Free bet stakes are non-withdrawable.
Sky Bet App
Sky Bet has developed a fully-functional mobile betting application you can download for free from the Google Play Store or the App Store. All functionalities from the desktop version are available with the Sky Bet application as well. You can sign up, log in with the same credentials, place a bet, claim bonuses, and withdraw funds.
|All versions are free
|Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Solo
|Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Solo
|UK Gambling Commission
Sky Bet Sign Up Process
To sign up at Sky Bet, you need to follow the next few basic steps:
- Click on the “Join” Button in the top-right corner
- Enter all required information in the registration form, such as:
- Name and date of birth
- Address and contact details
- A security question
- A security PIN
- How do you want Sky Bet to contact you (optional).
The final step before registering a new account is accepting Sky Bet Terms and Conditions.
Should you provide all the necessary information correctly, your new account will be created within a couple of minutes.
Verification at Sky Bet
New customers need to verify their Sky Bet accounts before they start placing bets on the website. This is a mandatory requirement from the UK Gambling Commission, and all UK operators need to comply with it.
To verify your new account at Sky Bet, you need to submit:
- Proof of ID – Passport or a Driving License
- Proof of Address – utility bill or a bank statement from the past 3 months
How to Bet at Sky Bet
All new customers can place their first bet at Sky Bet immediately after verifying their new account and making the first deposit. All the sports you can bet on are on the left side of your screen. When you start selecting your markets, they will be added to the bet slip on the right side of your screen.
When you are done with your bet, choose the amount you wish to wager and confirm the bet slip. You can choose to place a single bet, an In-Play bet, or a Bet builder for all available games.
How to Edit a Bet At Sky Bet
If you have already placed your bet at Sky Bet and you want to cancel or change it, you will need to contact the customer team on the site. Just select the live chat option and follow all the instructions. You can only change your bet before the match start.
Sky Bet Security
Sky Bet has a UK Gambling Commission licence with the number 38718. The online bookmaker also uses the latest security measures to ensure customers have a safe gaming experience. Sky Bet’s website is encrypted with Verisign SSL technology, so you can rest assured that all your personal information is completely safe at all times.
Sky Bet Customer Support
A responsive and friendly customer team is vital for the success of all online sports betting sites. If you encounter any problems or have any questions while betting at Sky Bet, you can contact the customer team via the following channels:
- Phone – 0808 8020 133
- Email – email@example.com
- Live chat – every day from 7 am until 2 am
- Twitter – @SkyBetHelp
There is also an extensive FAQ section that will answer commonly asked questions about Free bets, payment methods, new account registration, and so on.
Sky Bet Betting Tips and Tricks
There are some general tips and tricks that we can recommend, that may help you boost your chances of landing a win:
- Do your research – it is vital that you know all about the teams and the players before you make any bets. New customers will often make the mistake of thinking that beginner’s luck is something they can rely on. That is very wrong, so you need to know all possible details about any game you wish to bet on, no matter the sport.
- Use Free bets – Free bet stakes can always be helpful for new players to boost their confidence and their chances of winning. Moreover, there is no Free bet expiry date at Sky Bet, so you can choose when to use it.
- Control your spending – customers should always have a pre-defined betting budget that they should never break. Control over your budget will ensure that betting is always a pastime activity and nothing more.
Sky Bet Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Get Sky Bet Sign-Up Offer?
All newly registered customers at Sky Bet will be eligible for the £20 Free bet offer. All you need to do is place a £5 bet at Sky Bet, and you can claim the Free bets welcome offer. There is no Free bet expiry date, and Free bet funds are not withdrawable.
Is Sky Bet Safe and Secure?
Sky Bet holds a license from the UK Gambling Commission and implements the latest SSL encryption software to ensure all your personal details are safe.
How Long Does a Sky Bet Withdrawal Take?
This mainly depends on the payment method you use. If you withdraw with Visa cards, you can expect the funds to arrive in your account in up to 2 hours, while Mastercard withdrawals take 2-5 days.
How to Place a Bet at Sky Bet?
First, you need to top up your account with the necessary funds. Then, you can choose your sport from the left side of your screen, your betting market, and your stake. You can see your selections on the bet slip on the right side of the Sky Bet website.
Does Sky Bet Do Cash Out?
Yes, Sky Bet offers Cash Out for various sports matches. You can see Cash Out offered to you for events that go well, and for some that don’t go well for you. Available Cash Out markets at Sky will have a green Cash Out symbol.