It is not yet possible to download applications in a new design on Melbet.Ng because the technological platform has changed. Melbet does not have any applications in Nigeria as of January 2023. Under no circumstances should you download the Melbet app in Nigeria in 2023. It’s a scam. This review is about an older version of the app, which is no longer available. This information will be updated when Melbet Nigeria introduces new versions of the apps for Android and iOS
Melbet is a world-famous international brand starting to gain momentum in Nigeria. The bookmaker has been operating in the country since the end of 2020. So it’s still too early for it to compete with such titans of the sports betting industry as 1XBET, Bet9ja, and NairaBET. Despite the average demand for Nigerian booking companies, Melbet has many strong sides, and its mobile apps are one of them.
The company has created high-quality applications for iOS and Android. Melbet software surpasses the mobile programs of most legal bookmakers in Nigeria in terms of functionality. Melbet NG App allows you to sign up, deposit your account, play casino, withdraw money and use advanced sports betting features.
Without further ado, let’s see how to download and install the Melbet app, then explore its features as well as the main pros and cons.
|Developer||Melbet.ng||OTRADA HOSPITALITY LTD|
|Download source||Melbet official website||App Store|
|App size||Over 130 MB (with APK)||Over 175 MB|
|System requirements||Android 5.0+||iOS 12.0+|
Nigerian betting site apps are not available in the Google Play store as Google has a negative attitude towards gambling. The Play Market makes exceptions in some countries and allows licensed bookmakers to distribute their betting apps easily, but Nigeria is not included in this list. This means that the Melbet mobile app can only be downloaded from its official website as an APK file.
Configure your device first. The task is to allow downloading the APK format files outside the Google Play store. Depending on the version of the Android operating system and shell, this can be done in two ways:
- Open “Settings” and select the “Security” section (it may be called differently). Find the “Unknown sources” and pull the toggle switch to the “Allow” position.
- Open “Settings,” then go to “Applications,” and select the browser you are using from the given list. In the settings, activate the option to download applications from unknown sources using this browser.
Now you will be able to download and install the APK file of the application on your mobile device.
- Open the Melbet official website on your phone or tablet.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the yellow “Mobile Applications” button.
- A new page will open. Scroll down and click the green “Download now” button with the Android logo.
- You’ll see the notification saying, “Select a version you want to install!”. It can be ignored. Now the application has one version, and there is only one button in this interface. Click on the “Download.”
- Confirm the download of the melbet.ng.apk file in the browser.
- Open the installation file from the “Downloads” section and extract it.
If you are using a personal computer, there is an alternative way to install the Melbet betting app on Android. Open the “Mobile app” section on the Melbet desktop site version (there’s a button on the top left), then click on “Android.” Enter your phone number in the popped-up window. An SMS will be sent to this number with a direct link to download the mobile app and install it.
Installing the Melbet mobile app for iPhone partially repeats the previous instructions. Follow these steps:
- Visit the mobile version of melbet.ng by opening the bookmaker’s website on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the yellow “Mobile Applications” button.
- On the new page, click the black button with the Apple logo, saying, “Download now on the App Store.”
- The following standard notification will appear: “Select a version you want to install!” having only one “Download in the App Store” button. It means that there’s only one version of the Melbet mobile app. Click the download button.
- The software will be downloYou will be redirected to the App Store. Press the “GET” button, and wait for the app to download and install.aded and installed automatically.
The Melbet mobile version site has a typical bookmaker design and layout. At the top are the profile management buttons and the menu. Below is a block with promotions, followed by the live sports events. There is no need to reinvent the wheel at this point because most sports bettors are accustomed to this standard structure of the website.
Diffеrеnсеs Bеtwееn Mоbіlе Арр аnd Mоbіlе Vеrsіоn
Usually, bookmakers make their mobile site and application look the same in terms of design and operations. But Melbet went the other way: the mobile app is noticeably better than the website regarding the two mentioned features.
|Mobile website version||Mobile app|
|Design||White-gray-black design with orange accents.||The dominant white color with some orange accents.|
|Structure||Not enough attention is paid to sports betting on the main page (there are two small blocks with TOP LIVE and TOP SPORTS). The blocks with other Melbet sections are put next, featuring casinos or games. The menu is on the right.||The main page is dedicated to bets entirely. They occupy the entire content part of the page. The menu is on the left.|
|Speed performance||The mobile version of the site is slower and very demanding in terms of speed.||The app manages traffic more efficiently and loads faster.|
|Access to betting||All you need to do is go to the Melbet mobile site version, register, deposit your account and start betting.||Here you need to go one step further — download Melbet app Nigeria in advance.|
|Exclusive bonuses||The list of offers repeats the full website version of Melbet promotions.||There are special promotions for mobile app users.|
|Functionality||Sports betting, casino, games, streaming, results, cashout, and many other functions of the desktop site are integrated into the Melbet mobile app equally. As for the core features, players get the same experience.|
|Settings and personalisation||These are missing in the mobile website version.||A huge list of setting options is designed to make the mobile app for Melbet more convenient. Biometric login, dark theme, betting setup, menu editor, push notification settings.|
The Melbet bonus system impresses with its variability. New customers genuinely have plenty of appealing offers: players get several welcome bonuses to choose from at once and exclusive promotions for bets via the mobile app. Let’s briefly cover the main Melbet promotions.
Melbet has three bonuses for new customers:
- Get on board with our new 300% bonus up to 100000 NGN. 300% bonus with x8 wagering requirement. Winning with accumulators of at least six events, the odds of each is 2.30 and higher.
- First deposit bonus 200% up to 100000 NGN. The bonus amount is the same, but the percentage is smaller. Wagering x12, accumulators of at least three events with odds from 2.10 of each outcome.
- Welcome bonus — bet 4520 NGN get 13740 NGN as a free bet. The bonus is played with x3 wagering on accumulators of at least four events with odds from 1.40 for each event.
Bonus for Playing via the Melbet Mobile App
Melbet has a “BET & WIN” offer for Android and iOS app users. The promotion takes place in a tournament format in which all bettors participate. Here’s how it goes:
- Log in or register with the Melbet mobile app for Android or iOS.
- Bet on accumulators: at least three events with odds of each from 1.60. The minimum bet is 500 NGN.
- Earn one point for each qualifying bet. The more points you earn, the higher is your position on the leaderboard.
- TOP 10 leaders receive rewards based on the tournament table results: all prizes are Apple products.
Other Bonuses and Promotions
- Champion bet. Place bets on exact scores in UEFA Champions League matches. If the bet loses, Melbet will give a free bet as compensation.
- Birthday present. The bookmaker gives free spins on the client’s birthday.
- VIP Cashback. 8-level loyalty program. Cashback is issued for the turnover of bets. The higher your level is, the bigger the return percentage gets.
- Melbet club. Get points for your betting activity and exchange them for prizes.
- Members only. Weekly bonus 45800 NGN + 30 free spins.
- 100% refund on accumulators. Melbet will refund the wagered money provided that only one accumulator selection loses.
- Be a winner and take it all. This is not a promotion but a security guarantee. Melbet holds approximately NGN 458 mln in a Swiss bank as a guaranteed payout fund for its customers.
- Melbet Rocket launch. The casino bonus up to 160300 NGN + 290 FS.
- Go For Longer Bonus. Bonuses for a series of successful accumulator-type bets.
Melbet paid a lot of attention to the technical side of its mobile application. It’s the case where an awesome design is paired with a wide range of functions. The app fully covers the desktop and mobile site version options, like video streaming, results, and coupon checking.We have pointed out the distinguishing features of the Melbet app, and all of them are about creating an optimal user experience.
PIN code and biometrics
The first advantage of the Melbet Nigeria app over the mobile version is noticed at the login stage. The program allows using alternative ways to enter the account instead of a traditional login and password: you can set a 4-digit PIN code or use biometric data (a face or fingerprint scanner).
The mobile app has settings for betslip and the betting process itself. Here you can specify actions for changing odds, auto-maximum, automatic coupon clearing after placing a bet, and the size of quick bets.
The app’s structure is very complex. In addition to the betting section, there are many other entertainments. But what if you only want to bet on sports and don’t really care about the casino, for example? Edit the menu using the app settings, hide unnecessary sections, and change the display order — that’s it!
The mobile app has implemented the option to enable notifications about important events of a particular match — score, corner kicks, penalties, yellow cards, and red cards. You can have all the given indicators turned on or leave the picked ones you need (to monitor only score, for instance). In addition to push notifications, it’s possible to customize the notification sound and the color of the LED indicator on the device (if the gadget supports this feature).
The bookmaker’s mobile app is designed mainly in a white color palette, making it inconvenient to use the app in the dark. Thankfully, there is a night mode provided to solve this issue. You can even adjust the settings for a night theme to get turned on/off at a specified time.
This feature displays the latest events, games, or slots that the player has visited. It’s not a widespread tool the other bookmakers use, but it will surely come in handy when you need to jump back to a recently viewed event quickly.
The “Casino” section of the mobile app consists of three parts:
- Slots. There are more than 15 genres, and several dozens of software developers presented. The choice of slot machines is impressive; you’ll definitely find entertainment to your liking.
- Live Casino. Games with live dealers. There are fewer categories here compared to slot machines. The variety of choices is based on classic casino games — roulette, baccarat, poker, and blackjack.
- Other. This category includes TV games, bingo, and the flagship game of JetX.
|PIN code and biometrics||✅||✅|
- Low system requirements for the download;
- More modern design than in the mobile version;
- High performance rate;
- There are bets on sports, live, casino, games, eSports, Toto;
- The ability to customize the app for your needs.
- Complicated Android app installation process.
- Sometimes signing in to the app may take much more time due to a scheduled update.
How to Place a Bet?
The process of placing a bet via the Melbet mobile app for Android and iOS is more or less the same. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your account using your username/password or biometric data. If you don’t have an account, register first. There are three ways to do so — by phone, complete registration, or one-click registration. The last option is the fastest.
- Deposit your account. Open the menu and click the “+” button to trigger a list of payment methods for the deposit. Choose the most convenient option, specify the deposit sum and fill in the required information. The minimum deposit at Melbet is 250 NGN.
- Select a sporting event to bet on. The “Sports” section contains upcoming matches, and the “LIVE” section includes those going on right now. When you move to the selected section, you need to choose a league/tournament and then a specific sporting event. Top matches are displayed separately from the rest.
- Select the outcome you want to wager on. To do this, click on the odds assigned to the outcome.
- Fill in the bet slip. A coupon with information about the bet will appear below. Enter the amount and click “BET.” If you plan to bet an accumulator, click “Add to bet slip” and continue by picking other selections in the app. Then open the menu, go to the “Bet slip” tab, fill in the required information, and confirm your bet.
Melbet offers a wide range of payment methods. The bookmaker has provided several categories of payment instruments at once: bank cards, bank transfers, Internet banking, electronic wallets, cash, self-service terminals, electronic vouchers, and USSD.
How to Deposit
- Log in to your account or create one on Melbet.
- Open the hamburger menu.
- Click on the “+” button next to the balance.
- Select a payment method from the list.
- Specify the deposit amount and fill in the required information.
- Confirm the transaction.
How to Make a Withdrawal
- Log in to your Melbet account.
- Open the menu and click “My account.”
- The “Profile” tab will appear. Go down to the “Account transactions” block and select the “Withdraw” button.
- Select a payment method from the list.
- Specify the payout amount and fill in the payment details.
- Confirm the withdrawal and wait for the funds to be credited.
Information about the withdrawal request status can be found in the drop-down list “Withdrawal requests.”
|Deposit methods||Withdrawal methods|
|Category||Payment system||Minimum deposit||Category||Payment system||Minimum withdrawal|
|Bank cards||VISA VISA QR, MasterCard, Verve||250 NGN||Bank cards||–||–|
|E-wallets||OPay Wallet||250 NGN||E-wallets||OPay Wallet||550 NGN|
|Cash||CashtoCode Classic||500 NGN||Cash||–||–|
|Self-service terminals||Quickteller||250 NGN||Self-service terminals||–||–|
|Internet banking||Polaris Bank, Pay with bank, FSDH Merchant Bank, Providus Bank||250 NGN||Internet banking||Polaris Bank, Skye Bank||550 NGN|
|Bank transfer||Bank Transfer (Opay), Unity Bank, Access Bank, FCMB, First Bank, Payattitude, Barter, Zenith Bank, Wema Bank, UBA, Sterling Bank, GTB, QR Nigeria||250 NGN||Bank transfer||Enterprise Bank, Union Bank, Kudimoney MF Bank, Highstreet Microfinance Bank, Finatrust Microfinance Bank, Suntrust Bank, Jaiz Bank, UBA, GTB, FCMB, Zenith Bank, Wema Bank, Unity Bank, Sterling Bank, Mainstreet Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Keystone Bank, Heritage Bank, First Bank, Fidelity Bank, EcoBank, Access Bank PLC (Diamond), CitiBank, Bank Transfer OPay||550 NGN|
|E-vouchers||CashtoCode eVoucher||500 NGN||E-vouchers||–||–|
|USSD||OPay USSD||250 NGN||USSD||–||–|
How to Contact Customer Service
The Melbet NG mobile app menu has a separate section called “Customer Support” and offers the following methods to contact and request help:
- Chat. 24/7 online chat. Ask any question, and the operator will reply within two to three minutes.
- Email. The bookmaker has several emails, each of them is dedicated to a specific type of question/problem:
- Hotline. Call 08001235344 to contact the operator.
The Melbet app deserves the highest ratings and is totally recommended for download. The bookmaker has excellent potential in Nigeria: the company provides a large selection of sports betting, an impressive list of markets and also offers extra entertainment — casino, live casino, games, eSports, and sweepstakes.
The software itself is well thought-out in terms of design and functionality. It is more eye-pleasing, speedier, and more convenient than the mobile site version. Their main functions overlap, but the app gives a player more adjustment and personalisation options. All these points impact the user experience in a good way — the speed of authorisation and bet placing, transparent and straightforward navigation, and overall convenience during interaction with the app (light/dark themes).Download Melbet App
Where can I download the latest Melbet app?
Regardless of your operating system, download the latest version of the Melbet app from the bookmaker’s official website. Open the mobile version of melbet.ng, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Mobile Applications.” On the appeared page, click the button with an image of your OS (Android or iOS) and follow the instructions. follow the instructions.
In which countries is the Melbet app available?
Melbet.ng holds license No. 0001030 dated November 2, 2020, issued by NATIONAL LOTTERY REGULATORY COMMISSION ABUJA, Nigeria. Nigerian users can only access this app because it complies with local gambling laws. However, Melbet is an international company that operates in other countries. Therefore, the bookmaker creates separate apps for players from other countries, but Nigerian bettors are prohibited from using them.
Is There a Melbet App for Android?
Yes, the bookmaker has an Android app. It is not available in the Google Play Store, so the only way to get it is to download the APK file from the betting company website. To do this, start by allowing the installation of apps from unknown sources on your mobile device.
Is There a Melbet App for iOS?
Yes, the iOS app is out and supported by all modern Apple devices. Find the download button on the official website of the bookmaker. You will be redirected to the App Store to download and install the program the way you usually do.
How do I know if my device supports the Melbet app?
There are two ways to do it. The first one is to write the system specifications of your device to a chat with a customer support agent and ask for some help. The second way is to check it yourself. Two main criteria affect the app’s performance quality: the free space and the operating system version. The app runs flawlessly on Android with a minimum memory of 130 MB and a minimum OS version of 5.0. The app for iOS requires 175 MB of disk space and a 12.0 iOS version or later.