Nigeria Horse Racing Betting Sites
Poor horse racing coverage is a characteristic for the Nigerian betting market. There are only five legal bookmakers in Nigeria that offer bets on horse racing. However, we are constantly monitoring Nigerian betting sites and we will update the list if any of them add horse racing in their selection of betting events.
If you decide to bet on this sport, it will not be superfluous to learn the difference between mediocre and high-quality horse race bookies, and the ways to bet more rationally.
List of Horse Racing Betting Sites in Nigeria
Criteria for Selecting Horse Race Betting Sites
When choosing a betting company, there are several various criteria to take into account. The best horse racing betting sites can be seen with the naked eye: such companies do not compromise and try to provide their customers with the top product.
Further, we will list the most important criteria that can help to understand how cool a particular bookmaker is:
- Size of the selection of betting events. Some betting sites include horse racing in their selection of betting events just for show, and such an approach is less than admirable. A decent bookmaker must offer all major races from at least the UK and Ireland, France, the USA, Australia and New Zealand. Competitions from Asia, South America and South Africa will be a nice addition.
- Odds. Horse betting sites make money on the margin. The lower the margin, the higher the odds and your potential winnings. We do not welcome betting companies that drive up their commissions.
- In Play betting. When assessing In Play betting, it is important to look at odds, the speed of the bet confirmation, as well as the lifespan of the selection of live betting events.
- Promotions and bonuses. Nigerian horse racing bookmakers are not generous with special horse racing promotions, so it is more rational to focus on the size of the whole promo section of a particular bookmaker. Big Welcome Free bets, no-deposit bonuses with simple wagering requirements, advanced loyalty programmes and cashbacks – all of them add points to the betting company.
- Ease of registration. Creating an account takes time. In addition to registration, bettors must verify their identity to be able to enjoy all the services of bookmakers. It is sad when betting sites delay and complicate this process by requiring customers to enter extra data, offering them promotional mailings etc.
- User-friendly mobile app. The best bookies for horse racing offer high-quality apps with a full range of services of the official betting site. Decent software makes the horse racing betting experience as comfortable as possible. If apps have an intuitive interface, good optimisation and unique features, they should not be ignored.
- Range of deposit and withdrawal methods. It is quite simple: the more payment methods, the better. High-quality bookmakers will not limit you in your choice of deposit and withdrawal methods.
Must-Have Features of Racing Betting Sites
Above, we talked about the general characteristics of bookmakers, and now it is time to directly focus on their horse racing service. When assessing a horse racing betting product, it is important to pay attention to:
- Information on the race and participants. Good betting sites for horse racing provide customers with all the necessary information before the race: the length of the race, the age and weight of the horse, the track condition, the names of the jockey and trainer. Top bookmakers also add extra data to this list, including weather information, in-depth race reviews, expert predictions etc.
- Odds movement. Odds are a fickle thing. Bettors should have the opportunity to track offers to catch the best odds.
- User-friendly interface. Horse racing differs from other sports, and betting sites should be designed so that punters feel comfortable when betting on it. The best betting sites horse racing have a thought-out design and navigation that create all conditions for a high-quality betting experience.
- Streaming. Video streaming is an important indicator of an advanced service. Bettors should have the opportunity to follow races in the live mode and ideally in good quality. If bookmakers provide only audio streams this is a disadvantage, however, it is not as critical as the complete absence of live streaming.
- Ease of combo betting. In horse racing, complex bets are popular; they range from simple double and treble bets to intricate combinations of dozens of markets. The best horse race betting sites provide useful tools that help to build complex system bets.
Horse Racing Betting Tips
So, you have chosen a betting company and now you are ready to bet on horse racing, however you do not feel confident in your betting knowledge. For you, we have compiled several tips that will help you better understand this type of betting.
Bet on experiences and … lightweight jockeys
This is especially important if they ride only once a day. In most cases, mediocre jockeys just follow a group of leaders and hope for a chance to succeed. Top jockeys have a lot of racing experience, they know how to take risks and follow through. Analyse the riders’ past performances – the statistics of wins speak louder than any forecasts. And weight matters, too: the lighter the jockey, the easier the horse will run.
Take into account the ground conditions
Despite its importance, this factor is often overlooked. Some horses perform better on softer ground than others. Analyse the horse’s physical shape, its endurance, maximum speed and performance on different types of ground.
Take into account the horse’s age
As practice shows that, compared to older horses, young ones are more likely to win short distance races. On the contrary, those with more race experience have a better chance of winning long races.
Do not hurry to bet on a horse with good statistics
Obviously, the more prizes the horse won in hippodromes, the better. However, you should also take the complexity of races into account. Even if the horse regularly wins races with beginners, it does not mean that it is likely to win against experienced horses. Analyse the performance history of the participants so that you do not fall for this bait – on many horse race betting sites, you can find detailed race statistics.
Analyse the length and complexity of the race
Make sure that the horse has not competed in other races for at least a month before a short race (sprint). The horse must be in good physical shape. When there is a long distance ahead, a big break is not required. Keep in mind, on some racetracks, there are more sharp turns and rises than usual. In this case, it is better to choose a horse, which has already performed on difficult racetracks.