The UEFA Champions League is one of the most prestigious international sports events in European football. The competition attracts hundreds of millions of viewers in over 200 countries. It doesn't come as a surprise that bookmakers offer a wide variety of markets, good odds, and high limits for betting on Champions League matches. Let's analyze some types of bets, show which legal, licensed bookmakers offer the best UEFA Champions League odds on the market, and how winnings are calculated.
UEFA Champions League Betting Odds
Every licensed and regulated bookmaker offers bets on Champions League matches, but not all of them allow you to count on the same profit. The odds value depends on the bookmaker's "tax" for punters - it is called margin.
Match.Center specialists monitor the margin in all licensed and regulated bookies. But there is a catch: for one particular bet, the margin is not important, it is enough to know the odds value. The higher it is, the better. You can visit the online sports betting sites and check them out. However, it is crucial to consider the margin to avoid wasting time on bookmakers who are likely to set low odds.
So how do you know where the best Champions League odds are offered? Here is the way to find it out.
Margin calculation example. Each team's chances for the win or draw are mathematically equal in one match. The actual odds of 1x2 outcomes are 2/1 (3.00 in decimal), which equals 33.33% probability. However, bookmakers add their share to the total probability (100%), which reduces the actual odds. With a margin of 4.17%, the odds on 1x2 in an even match will be 15/8 (2.88), which reduces the player's profit. If we assume that equal money is bet on each of the three outcomes, then the bookmaker will remain in the black regardless of the match result. And two out of three players will lose.
In addition to the margin, we take into account profitable promotions, including:
- the increasing value of single bets (Price boosts, Odds boosts, Enhanced odds);
- bonus added to the Accumulator odds;
- special sports bets and combinations.
How to bet on the Football Champions League?
We recommend you to check out the ratings of licensed bookies we carried out, containing all the active bonuses that you can benefit from by clicking on the link.
In order to place a bet, you need to sign up.
After opening the bookmaker's site, click the "Join" or "Registration" button (these are usually placed at the top of the website or app) and follow the instructions.
When you get a personal account after signing up and following all the guidelines, deposit money to this account using any convenient way from the provided ones. Then select the “Football” category in the list of sports and select the “Champions League” competition. Champions League betting markets can be divided into three types.
- Basic (the most popular ones). These are presented in the match line (the list of all matches);
- Additional. The ones that are presented on the page of a particular match.
- Special. These markets feature various promotions and combinations. Some offers are advertised with banners, placed on the main page, but it’s more likely you’ll find those in the Champions League category as well as on the match page.
To place a bet, select the market that will be added to the coupon. Then you need to enter the sum and confirm the bet.
Now we are going to tell you about the bet types.
UEFA Champions League Markets on Match.Center
The most popular Champions League betting options are the following ones:
- 1x2. This bet signifies the team’s win or draw in the game. Please note that the 1x2 bet is usually settled with regular time results (90 minutes + injury time).
- Advancing to the next round or winning the final one. The best wins if the team wins the match in any way: based on the regular time results, extra time or penalty shootout. This bet has only two possible outcomes: 1 or 2, a draw is impossible.
- Total Goals (Over/Under). The bookmaker offers several numbers of scored goals, and the bettor needs to guess whether both teams will score over or under a certain amount of goals.
- Handicap. A bet on a team to win with additional conditions on goals difference. For example, a Manchester United -1 bet will win if the club wins by two goals (2:0, 3:1, 5:0, etc.). To qualify for a plus Manchester United +1.5 handicap, the team must win, draw or lose by a margin of no more than a goal (0:1, 2:3, 1:1, etc.).
- Both to score. A bet that both teams will score at least one goal.
Let's take a look at two interesting Champions League betting methods that allow you to obtain better odds.
Also called “ live betting”. It’s a wager made during the match. Under such circumstances, the factors affecting Champions League betting odds change quickly and dynamically. You have the opportunity to capture higher odds if you can get the feel of the match right.
For example, if the score is zero at the end of the match, the odds for a draw will drop, but the teams' victories will be highly valued. If a team loses, its odds will be offered as enhanced.
You can connect multiple events in one accumulator bet. The odds for the markets in this combination are multiplied, which means you can get more profit than betting singles separately on the same outcomes. However, the entire accumulator will lose if even one choice is wrong.
Please note that the number of selections from a single match that you can include in your accu-bet may be limited.
UEFA Champions League winner odds
In addition to betting on specific matches, bookmakers offer two types of long-term bets.
Champions League winner odds are available before the start of the tournament. This bet is more suitable for betting on outsiders. Why? Similar odds for the favourites can be found in some playoff matches with much less risk. In addition, you’ll have to wait for the payment of winnings for the whole season in any case.
Also, bookmakers offer bets on different stages of the tournament: on the group winners and the playoff participants in general.
FAQ UEFA Champions League
When does the Champions League final take place?
UEFA Champions League final season 2021/22 Liverpool — Real Madrid starts on May 28, 2022 at 20:00 GMT. Venue: Stade de France, Paris. The referee of the match is Clément Turpin from France.
Who are the favourites to win the Champions League?
Liverpool is the obvious favorite in the final match against Real Madrid. It is noteworthy that at the start of the Champions League, both clubs were not in the group of top five favourites (with the highest chances) to win the Champions League, according to bookmakers. This is the reason why we do not recommend long-term betting on favourites. It is better to look after a promising "dark horse".
Who was the Champions League winner in 2021?
The Champions League of the 2021/22 season was won by London’s Chelsea. It beat Manchester City 1-0 in last year's Champions League final. The defending champion lost to Real Madrid in the quarter-finals of the current season.
Can Arsenal get into the Champions League?
The Gunners finished the 2021/22 season in the English Premier League in fifth place, while in order to qualify for the Champions League next seasons, they need to get a place in the group of top four clubs of the Premier League. In the 2022/23 season, Arsenal will play in the Europa League.